Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wake of Shame

Come on, we've all done it...


Woken up on a couch, your living room floor, a front porch or somewhere you told yourself you really wouldn't go that night.

We've all had a rough night out where we don't have the energy, or competence, to walk to our bathroom and wash our makeup off. 


So, when you wake up in the morning and your eyeliner has smudged halfway down your face, what do you do? 


CLEANSE. TREAT. TONE. MOISTURIZE...TREAT AGAIN.

I have oily/acne-prone skin. Every product I use can affect my skin drastically. When I wake up in the morning after not washing my face, I have to give myself a full facial. 


What I Use:
1. Alba Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash
*with Clarisonic Mia
2. "Do-It Yourself" Mask 
3. Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray
5. Philosophy Hope in a Bottle
6. Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum
*as a spot treatment

I've tried my fair share of products and so far, this is the best regimen that I have found for about two years. 

I used to be hesitant about using DIY masks, but this mask works better than some of the most high-end, highest rated masks I have ever used. 


I know that serums are meant to be used before your moisturizer, but this serum has a thick, gel-like consistency and I have recently found it works best over my moisturizer as a treatment. 


This list may seem like it's products, on top of products, on top of PRODUCTS, but after a night out, your skin is begging for attention! I usually resort to this regimen 2 to 3 times a week; Sunday night to make up for a wild weekend and sometime in the middle of the week. 


What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course :: Marilyn Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment