Friday, January 11, 2013

Lay One On Me

Winter may be almost be over, and it may have taken a toll on your lips. But I'm going to teach you a thing or two so you'll have the smoothest, softest, sexiest pout around. 


You only need two types of products that you'll need to keep your lips kissable. 

The first thing, that most people skimp out on, is a lip scrub. I know, I know, it seems excessive, but trust me on this one. Your lips will be able to absorb your lip balm, Chapstick, or whatever luscious product you quench your lips with so much better. Also, when your lips get dry, they flake (not cute), but the best way to get rid of those flakes, is to use a scrub! 

Some of my favorite lip scrubs are:

Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub
This is probably the least expensive lip scrub you could buy. The best part? It's edible! That's what makes this Lushious product so easy and fun. Just apply the sugary product on your lips, rub it in and lick it right off! All of their tasty flavors are fun too. 

Sara Happ The Lip Scrub
This is a more luxurious and creamy lip scrub. I actually like the texture of this better, but it's not edible and doesn't taste very good. Lip products don't need to taste good, but The Lip Scrub has an artificial-plastic taste and runs a little more expensive, $24. It is an amazing scrub, though. I'm sure there will be no complains from your fling after you use this scrub. 

DIY Lip Scrub
There are so many different ways to create your own lip scrub. It can be as simple as just using two ingredients! My favorite combo is honey and brown sugar because it's sweet. Essentially, what you need is a base (honey, olive oil or both) and the scrubby part (brown sugar or regular sugar). The best part about DIY lip scrubs? They're basically free! Who doesn't love that? 

The second thing, which is common, is to moisturize! Most people do this already, but what product you use is really important. I find that natural or organic lip balms work best. Some of my favorites are:

EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint
This is my absolute favorite lip balm. I feel like it really moisturizes my lips, so that they are more resistant to getting chapped! Some lip balms make your lips dependent on the product. Not this one! It's also shaped as a sphere, which makes applying the product so much fun. 

Yes to Carrots Lip Butter in Mint
This is another great lip balm that does not make your lips dependent on the product. This is very similar to the EOS Lip Balm. I like to use this at night before I go to bed. 

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 
This product feels like it does a good job, like a treatment (duh). As soon as I apply it, I get this silky feeling on my lips that feels absolutely incredible. Also, the SPF 15 makes it the perfect lip balm for daytime. Fresh also has come out with tinted lip treatments and I'm a huge fan of them. 

Kissing - and I mean like, yummy, smacking kissing - is the most delicious, most beautiful and passionate thing that two people can do, bar none :: Drew Barrymore 

No comments:

Post a Comment