Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Take It Off

Nothing feels better than taking it all off...
your makeup that is. Even if you don't have any skin issues at all, taking your makeup off is extremely important. Not only can makeup clog your pores if you sleep in it, but it also ages you about seven days! 

I love the feeling of being refreshed after taking my makeup off. Some people may not realize, but fully removing your makeup is a must before you go ahead and start your nightly regimen. I like to remove all of my eye and face makeup before I use my gentle cleanser and Clarisonic Mia. 

There are all different types of makeup removers and I, as always, will tell you about the good stuff. 

Oil-Based Makeup Removers
Some people fear oil cleansers because, of well, OIL! But don't be afraid, oil cleansers are the best of the best. Essentially, oil cleansers draw out (like magnets) all impurities and makeup from the skin. It's actually pretty magical what cleansing oils can do. The trick? Massage it on to your dry face, wet your fingertips, massage some more so texture becomes milky, and then rinse off! 

This simple bottle took my cleansing oil virginity. Origins is a brand I have grown up around and will always remain a favorite, so I just had to try out this cleansing oil. This natural blend of oils effectively remove dirt, makeup and pollutants...plus the extra kick of Vitamin E oil gives me what I need for healthy, breathing skin. 

Wow. This smells like it does a good job...I know that probably sounds strange, but it does! It also feels amazing. This is a tad more expensive, but you probably need about a quarter-sized pump, maybe even less. This cleansing oil is great for helping refresh congested skin.

Cream/Lotion Makeup Removers
While they are not my favorite, they may work for some people. I like to use these types of products before the shower or if I am trying to specifically remove makeup from one area (lips, eyes, etc). Cream makeup removers are versatile, so they can be rinsed or tissued off. 

This product just melts my long-wearing lipstick and waterproof mascara! While it is not my favorite for a quickie or to remove all of the makeup from the night, it is nice for removing lipstick and eye makeup specifically. It is great as long as you have another way to thoroughly cleanse your face. 

Makeup Removing Wipes
They're quick and easy. Having a lazy day? Need a refreshment? Makeup wipes are perfect! Also, so many brands have them and they work so effectively (some even work in removing stubborn mascara)!  I keep makeup wipes beside my bed at all times because trust me, we all have those nights...

The new Simple line is all about...well simplicity. It is an extremely gentle line that works. These are my current facial wipes and I love them because I recently have been using some products that make my skin more sensitive. There are no fragrances, dyes, irritants or alcohol in any of these products...except Vitamin B5, which is meant to soften and restore the skin from any harsh irritants. For being so simple, this product removes some harsh makeup. 

THE BEST! These are perfect for removing makeup at night time, not only because of the gentle (yet effective) makeup removing, but oh my, the calming lavender scent gets me in to bed. These facial wipes effortlessly glide over my skin and remove my makeup. Just amazing.  

These wipes take off some of MAC's most difficult products! They are a little pricey (100 for $29), but they're HUGE, so you could cut them, reuse them, whatever you want! Also, they are great for quick brush cleaning.

Glamour is about feeling good in your own skin :: Zoe Saldana 

No comments:

Post a Comment