Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recharge Your Locks

I'm always on the lookout to try new shampoos, conditioners and hair treatments. I don't think it's always necessary to splurge on those products. I think both high-end and drugstore brands make excellent products for your hair. I have a few products that I've tried and loved, but I wouldn't call any of my hair products "Holy Grail" items. I have fine, curly hair that is actually pretty healthy and not too dry. People always think it's thicker than it is because I try to keep it pretty voluminous (I hate flat hair)!

I was so excited to hear that BzzAgent was going to be sending Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Shampoo, Conditioner and a 1-Minute Treatment for free to review! Since I always want to try new things, and I was actually running out of my current shampoo and conditioner, I was really excited to try these products. 


The idea behind the Hydra Recharge line is that it deeply moisturizes your hair, without the heavy formula of most other products. These products are extremely lightweight! Since, I love having volume and crazy looking hair, I was very happy with the lightweight formula. Oh and the smell of this line is amazing, as well. It's almost like your typical fruity, Garnier scent, but better because of the Goji Berry!

Hydra Recharge Shampoo
Most shampoos that are moisturizing don't really make your hair feel super clean. This shampoo did! I was so happy that a nourishing shampoo could make my hair feel squeaky-clean, as if it were a clarifying shampoo. I do like this shampoo, the one thing that was a little odd was that my hair felt slightly stiff, but that was bearable since the conditioner really softened my hair. 

Hydra Recharge Conditioner 
Most times, it's the heavy, moisturizing conditioner that will weigh your hair down. This conditioner managed to deeply nourish my hair, without weighing it down at all. Even though it's a lighter formula, I only apply this conditioner to the bottom 3/4 of my hair because I don't like applying conditioner at the roots. One con to this product being lightweight is that it doesn't instantly detangle my hair. I have to do a little more combing in the shower than usual, but after that, my hair is silky smooth and feels nourished. 

Hydra Recharge 1-Minute Moisture-Plenish Treatment 
I was most excited to try this product because I love hair treatments. I love using products like this before/after I've used heat to style my hair, or just once a week randomly when I feel like I need it. This, like all the other products, was extremely lightweight. I was surprised because I don't see too many light treatments, most of them have a really thick consistency. I don't think it's as nourishing as other treatments, but it still works really well. Since it's lighter, I think I can use this 2-3 times a week.





No comments:

Post a Comment