Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweetest of Them All

I was lucky enough to receive the SweetHeart VoxBox from Influenster a few weeks ago that was filled with amazing swag from Olay, Skinnygirl, Secret and Not Your Mother's Brand. I already did a review of the delicious Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bars and you can check that out here

Olay Fresh Effects 
The Va-Va-Vivid Powered Contour Cleansing System came with the Shine, Shine Go Away Shine Minimizing Cleanser and the power brush. I was a little skeptical at first because I own the Clarisonic and I love it. I couldn't imagine how a small drugstore power brush could live up to the $150 power brush. I am not going to compare the two because I do like my Clarisonic Mia better, but for someone that is looking for an inexpensive power brush, the Olay Fresh Effects is perfect. I really like the triangular shape because it is easier to go around smaller parts of your face. It also vibrates instead of turning (like other drugstore power brushes) which is better for your skin. 

The cleanser is not my favorite cleanser, but it does it's job. Usually, when I am using a shine minimizing cleanser, I expect to have a really "clean" feeling after I was my face. This cleanser made me feel like I still had some residue on my face. Other than that, it does its job as a shine minimizing cleanser because I was shine free almost all day. The brush is definitely the better half of the set. 

I have heard amazing things about this brand though, the facial wipes are the best!

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Sweat Deodorant
I was surprised to see that I got deodorant in the VoxBox; it's so convenient to receive complimentary, but I felt a little awkward about reviewing a deodorant. I never really needed any clinical strength deodorant, because excessive sweating or odor has never been an issue for me. That being said, I tried this for the first time when I went on spring break. This was perfect because I could pack it in my beach bag to prevent smelling like I just laid out on the beach for hours. The trick to this deodorant is to put it on at night as a preventative measure. This is great because if you're in a hurry the next morning you don't need to worry about putting deodorant on. Oh, and this stuff smells great! Love, love, love this deodorant, so I think that it's great for people with or without the need of clinical strength. 


Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
This was the product I was most excited about. I've always wanted to try a sea salt spray, but I was afraid I wouldn't get the same "wavy" effect because of my naturally curly hair. So, no, this product did not make my hair less curly (which that would be amazing if I could get sexy, beachy waves), but I had sexy, bed-head curly hair which is one of my favorite looks. I don't like have clean, classic curls. I love the messy look and this is what this spray gave me. The one thing I could live without is the texture it gives my hair, but that's the whole point of the product because it leaves a matte finish. 


Overall, I was extremely impressed with all the products I received. I would repurchase the NYM Sea Salt Spray, the Skinnygirl bars and the Secret Deodorant because they all work so well. 


I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment