Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Love My BB!

Once again I was given an amazing product to review for free, thanks to the wonderful BzzAgent. I received the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free BB Cream shortly after spring break, and coming back from Miami was a huge bummer, but I was so excited to try this product when I received it in the mail! Ever since I got this, I've been using it most of the time over my other BB creams...and trust me I have a lot, from Dior to Maybelline. 

It's no secret that BB creams have been the new hype since they hit the Asian beauty markets a few years ago, but now with virtually every high-end and drugstore brand releasing their new BB creams, how do you know which to choose from? 

BB stands for blemish balm, and the point of these multi-use wonder products is to offer some sort of skin benefit like a skin care product, while offering coverage like a tinted moisturizer. The BB creams in Asia act like skin-brighteners, lightener's and blemish-fighters--since they've hit the US market, some brands have managed to overlook the point of BB creams (they make a tinted moisturizer with SPF and call it a BB Cream). 

However, Garnier has managed to create a fantastic BB cream that lives up to most BB creams' expectation's. 



Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free BB Cream is their new multi-wonder product that fixes a variety of skin concerns: controls shine, minimizes pores, evens skin tone, hydrates and protects with SPF 20. 

This is meant for combination to oily skin and comes in three shades: Light/Medium, Medium/Deep, and Deep. Now, thinking that it would be after spring break, I decided to order the Medium/Deep. Boy, was I off. I'm not the tannest Asian out there, but I have the typical yellow skin tone and would not be considered "light". So, I was surprised to see how
 borderline orange this product was. Luckily, since I have a stash of BB creams, I found a light color to mix it with and it fixed the problem. That is just about the only complaint I have about this product, but there are a few things I found that differed on my skin than what was stated on the product. 

It's supposed to leave a matte-finish, but I personally don't think it does. The only products that really have the ability to leave a matte-finish are usually foundations because of their heavier consistency and ability to dry matte. I have no issue with this though! I don't like the look of a matte-finish because I like some dimension on my face. This makes the product more natural-looking. 

The best part of this product? It's a dupe for Lancome's Teint Idole Fresh Wear. It has the same consistency, staying power and also contains SPF, but the Garnier BB cream is much less expensive. 

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, even those who don't have combination to oily skin, who is looking for a product to use on a daily basis. Because it contains SPF, I would apply this on days or nights when I'm expecting to take pictures. This is one of the best drugstore BB creams I have tried yet. 

Instant perfect. An all-in-one miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment