Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beauty is Pain

I don't care WHO tells you otherwise, beauty hurts. But hey, nothing makes me feel hotter than a pair of kick-ass black stilettos. It's totally worth it, until I have to stumble my way home, and not because of too many drinks...I swear. My first day working at a bar in Boston I was walking home (completely sober) and some guy commented on the fact that I had "too much to drink." Awkward...was it just my walk or do I permanently look drunk all of the time? This might be another issue I have to worry about. 

I've been wearing heels since I was 8, seriously. I was like a human Asian Barbie to my parents. My dad still talks about the Miss Pre-Teen Boston days, which was 9 years ago. That being said, I've been wearing heels for years, and yes I can probably tolerate them better than most, but stilettos and peep toes are no walk in the park. 

Luckily, I saw that BzzAgent was having a Dr. Scholl's Campaign and I had to sign up for it. I was sent Dr. Scholl's High Heel Insoles for free and was so excited to try them out! For graduation I bought these beautiful, professional and classic wedges from Off 5th, but they were a little uncomfortable. I dealt with it for graduation, but when I started wearing them to work, 8 hours really felt like 15. I finally received them in the mail and couldn't wait to try them on. AND THEN...

Man oh man, another dissatisfying, turn off and let down for a future blog post. I was really disappointed because I am constantly in high heels and working in the city requires a lot of walking. The wrong insole size really does take away from the entire product itself. Weirdly enough, the insoles only come in one size, suitable for sizes 6-10, which really makes zero sense. I don't know any grown women that are a size 6. That's tiny! 

The one good thing about the insoles is that they do stay in place. Fab job Dr. Scholl's. I can recommend the Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Insoles for women that are a size 7-8, unfortunately I don't fit in that category with my monstrous feet. 

I still use them because it helps slightly, but if they only come in one size, then it's not really worth my money. 

Taking a look at the rest of the line, I'd be interested in trying some of their other products, like the Rub Relief line for blisters or the Ball of Foot Cushions. It's a shame that these insoles are at the top of my turn offs list. Oh well, it's just an excuse to buy more shoes, you know, that are "more comfortable."

High heels are pleasure with pain :: Christian Louboutin

No comments:

Post a Comment